Stay tuned for some exciting website changes.....
The Montgomery County Commission for Women (CFW) is both an advisory board and a department of the Montgomery County Government. The advisory board, comprised of 15 volunteer citizens from the community:
- focuses primarily on identifying inequities in laws, policies, practices and procedures, and recommending and promoting remedies
- conducts research and investigations, analyzes economic, political, and social trends, and provides education on women's issues in the community
- holds hearings and publishes informational materials
- holds an annual legislative briefing in conjunction with many other women's organizations
- sets priority projects annually
The Montgomery County Commission for Women no longer provides individual or group counseling. However, we still provide seminars on divorce & custody, financial management and other pertinent topics. Please check our Facebook page for dates and times of upcoming seminars. If you would like to be added to our e-mail list, call (240) 777-8333.
2015 Women's Legislative Briefing
All meetings are scheduled for 7 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month. Meetings are held at 21 Maryland Avenue, Suite 330, Settlement Conference Room. Meetings dates and times are subject to change so it is always a good idea to call ahead before attending. To RSVP for a meeting, please call (240) 777-8333.
September 10, 2015
October 8, 2015
November 12, 2015
December 10, 2015
- CFW's Mothers and Poverty Policy Agenda
- FY2014 Annual Report
- 2007 Status of Women in Montgomery County
- Domestic Workers, Employment
- Guide for Pregnant Women, Employment Rights of
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Violence in Relationships, Let's Talk About (English, Spanish)