Expedited Bill No. 16-15
Concerning: Economic Development Fund – Strategic Plan - Amendments
Revised: May 14, 2015 Draft No. 1
Introduced: April 14, 2015
Enacted: May 21, 2015
Executive: June 1, 2015
Effective: June 1, 2015
Sunset Date: None
Ch. 27 , Laws of Mont. Co. 2015
For Montgomery County, Maryland
AN EXPEDITED ACT to:
(1) extend the time for the Executive to submit an economic development strategic plan for the County to the Council;
(2) generally amend the law governing the economic development strategic plan.
Montgomery County Code
Chapter 20, Finance
Sec. 1. Section 20-76 is amended as follows:
20-76. Economic Development Strategic Plan, Administration.
(a) The Executive must submit, by method 1 regulation, an economic development strategic plan for the County to the Council for approval on or before [July 1, 2015] October 1, 2015 and each fourth year thereafter. The success or progress of the strategic plan must be measurable and the plan must include measures to address:
(1) job creation;
(2) private sector compensation and benefits;
(3) target industries;
(4) target geographic areas;
(5) workforce education and training;
(6) growth in tax base;
(7) economic opportunity for residents;
(8) encouragement of entrepreneurs and small business;
(9) land use; and
(10) other actions necessary to promote economic development in the County.
* * *
Sec. 2. Expedited Effective Date.
The Council declares that
this legislation is necessary for the immediate protection of the public
interest. This Act takes effect on the date on which it becomes law.