Location: Montgomery County Circuit Court, Room 307
Phone: (240) 777-9107
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The main function of the Administrative Aides of Montgomery County Circuit Court is to review each motion for its compliance with the appropriate Maryland Rules of Procedure. Motions that are in full compliance are submitted to the Administrative Judge for ruling. For non-compliant motions, notifications are mailed to the moving parties.
All pleadings and motions are filed in the Civil or Criminal Department of the court and delivered to the Administrative Aides daily. Motions are reviewed by the Administrative Aides by the date the files are received in the office unless there is a court proceeding scheduled within a month of the receipt of the file. Cases with court proceedings scheduled within this time frame take priority over other less time-sensitive matters.
Requests and Motions Reviewed by the Administrative Aides:
- ASTAR: Complex Science and/or Medical Case Management Program (Maryland Rule 16-202)
- Business and Technology (Maryland Rule 16-205)
The request must address each of the seven factors identified in Maryland Rule 16-205(c).
- Class Actions (Maryland Rule 2-231)
- Consolidations (Maryland Rule 2-503 or Maryland Rule 4-253)
File a motion in all cases to be considered for consolidation, and all cases must be at issue.
- Default (Maryland Rule 2-613)
- Deferral of Dismissal (Maryland Rule 2-507)
- Discovery in Aid of Enforcement (Maryland Rule 2-633) Examinations/hearings are held in the Office of Special Master John C. Keating, Suite #201, 401 East Jefferson Street, Rockville, Maryland 20850. Phone: (301) 340-1133. Contact Special Master directly to schedule examinations/hearings.
- Postponements (Maryland Rule 2-508 or Maryland Rule 4-271)
- Separate Trials or Bifurcations (Maryland Rule 2-503 or Maryland Rule 4-253)
- Transfers to Other Jurisdictions within Maryland (Maryland Rule 2-327)
- Vacate Dismissal (Maryland 2-507 only)
- Withdraw Appearance of Counsel (Maryland Rule 2-132 or Maryland Rule 4-214)
- Circulations for Disqualification
- Special Assignments
- Criminal Mental Evaluation Orders
- Criminal Requests for Transcripts
- Ratifications of Foreclosure Sale (deed of trust)
- Audit Civil Files
Maryland Statutes and Rules and other Maryland laws (Maryland State Law Library)
50 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM