Repaving Main Roads
The Division of Highway Services (DHS) periodically repaves main roads throughout the County. Repaving adds 1 1/2" to 2" of new asphalt to the existing road surface and generally follows the procedures listed below:
- Evaluate roadway condition
- Determine necessary repairs
- Mill (grind off) entire surface if necessary or
- Mill tie-ins along the curbs and at each intersection
- Adjust the utility covers to the new asphalt grade
- Pave a new asphalt overlay
- Re-stripe the traffic markings
Benefits of Repaving
- Improved traction, surface texture and appearance
- Improved smoothness and ride quality
- Waterproofed surface
- New wear layer to protect underlying pavement from traffic, weather and oxidation
- Extends life of dry, weathered surfaces
For additional information click below:
For any MCDOT service request or complaint, call 311
When dialing outside of the county, call 240-777-0311 or submit via their website.
For website comments or to report website problems or broken links, please email us.
This email address does not handle service requests or complaints.
Highway Services · Montgomery County Department of Transportation
Questions/Comments · Inside Montgomery County dial 311 · TTY: 240-773-3556
Outside Montgomery County dial 240-777-0311