Commission on Veterans Affairs Meeting - September 20th, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Held at Health & Human Services, 401 Hungerford Drive, 1st Floor Large Conference Room, Rockville, MD 20850. Agenda to be announced. Meetings are open to the public. To request an alternative format of the agenda or an accommodation to attend the meeting please call 240-777-1246 (V), MD Relay 711, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery County Veterans Collaborative Meeting
- Wednesday, July 20th from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Held at the Mental Health Association, 1000 Twinbrook Parkway, Rockville, MD. The Veterans Collaborative is a place where community members, organizations, and government agencies can come together to share program information, identify local resources, and help solve issues facing military, veterans, and their families. For more information or to be added to the distribution list, please contact Co-Chair Julie Riggs at email@example.com
STAFFING UPDATE EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 2016: David Coxe, Veterans Benefits Specialist (VBS), has been hired to provide benefits assistance at the Montgomery College Service Center Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. He will provide outreach to WorkSource Montgomery (11002 Veirs Mill Road, 1st Floor, Wheaton, MD 20902) the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and to the Silver Spring Vet Center (2900 Linden Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20910) the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Contact: 240-567-5405 (V), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOMEFRONT County Cable Montgomery - New Episode
- Michael Subin, Special Assistant to the County Executive, interviews Sergeant Major (Retired) Dan Bullis, the Chair of the Commission on Veterans Affairs. To view past episodes visit the HOMEFRONT website
Mikulski, Cardin, Van Hollen, and Leggett Announce Department of Veterans Affairs has Begun Location Search for Outpatient Clinic in Montgomery County
- New Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will improve access to care for thousands of Maryland's veterans.
Veteran Key Contacts and Other Resources
- Quick resource guide to key programs and resources for veterans and their families.
Veterans Network Directory
- A directory of providers, agencies, and advocacy organizations that offer local, state and national resources for veterans, military service members, and their families. Montgomery County does not endorse or assume responsibility for any product, method, service or treatment listed in this resource directory that is not a County program.
Montgomery County Fallen Heroes:
• Gulf War
• Vietnam War
- Montgomery County Sentinel - Montgomery's War Dead 1963 to 1970
• Korean War
• World War II
Montgomery County Commission on Veterans Affairs
- Provide advice to the Executive and Council on the status of programs and services related to the needs of Veterans. Hold monthly meetings from September through June. Meetings are open to the public.
- Meetings serve as an informal gathering for people who are working with veterans. Meetings are held bi-monthly and are open to the public.
- Sign up to receive e-mails about Veterans information and resources.
Proudly Supporting All Branches of the U.S. Military