Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
The Department of Health and Human Services, Community Action Agency
The VITA program provides FREE tax preparation services for low-income County residents.
On-line Scheduling System or call 240-777-1123 for an appointment
When you come to the FREE tax location, bring the following:
- A social security card for EACH family member. We can no longer use prior year files to verify social security numbers
- A photo ID for each filer
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2013
- Child care provider name,address, and tax ID number
- All banking account information (a voided check and/or savings deposit slip) to direct deposit your refund
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Any document or information about money you have received from the IRS or State
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any
- Any other tax related documents you have received
GAITHERSBURG (late January to April 15 only)
Family Services, INC.
610 East Diamond Ave, Suite 100, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
TESS CENTER (late January to April 15 only)
8513 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring, MD 20901
111 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850
Mid County Service Center
2424 Reedie Drive, Suite 238, Wheaton, MD 20902
Tax Credit Outreach 101- The Basics
Learn why it is important for you to become involved in helping your neighbors access these credit.