Children with Special Needs
Your child’s medical provider may make a referral to this program. Please call the Care Coordinator at 301-628-3487 with questions about next steps.
The Care Coordinator will provide you with informatin about the documents that are required.
Your child must:
- Be between birth to 21 years of age
- Have a diagnoses or suspected chronic illness or disability that needs evaluation and/or treatment
- Be a resident of Montgomery County or Prince Georges County
- Have a family income no greater than 200% of the federal poverty level
- Not qualify for any other health insurance or have insurance that does not meet the child’s special medical needs.
No fees charged for this service.
1. What services are available through this program?
This program can cover many types of services including:
- Visits to a Specialist
- Lab Work
- Medical Equipment
2. Where will my child receive these specialty health services?
The Care Coordinator will work with your family to coordinate care for your child’s special medical needs. We will do our best to find you services near your home. Some specialists are located at Children’s Hospital in Washington D. C.
No Additional Information at this time