Client Services for Medicaid/Health Choice
These services are for County residents who are already enrolled in Medicaid/Health Choice. No further application is necessary for care coordination services. Call 240-777-1635 or dial 311 for more information.
Enrollment in Medicaid/Health Choice
1. What is the Administrative Care Coordination Unit and what is the Dedicated Care Coordination Team?
These programs, staffed with nurses and other trained and helpful staff, provide information, assistance, consultation and care coordination for individuals with Medicaid/HealthChoice. They also provide information for health care providers and community agencies.
2. How do I access the care coordination and assistance services?
- If you have Medicaid/HealthChoice, call 240-777-1635 or dial 311 for more information or to request assistance.
- If you have a complaint or complicated issue, call the free HealthChoice Enrollee Action Line at the State of Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: 1-800-284-4510.
3. What services do the County care coordination units provide?
If you have Medicaid/HealthChoice, the care coordination unit can:
- Link you to appropriate health care resources
- Provide short term case management services, such as health education about pregnancy and child development issues
- Provide outreach and education to all referrals received from the State and from local health providers
- Assist Medicaid recipients to smoothly use and understand how to get the care they need through the Medicaid/HealthChoice managed care system.
4. What is the role of the Medicaid/HealthChoice Ombudsman?
The HealthChoice Ombudsman responds to State requests and referrals to investigate disputes between Medicaid/HealthChoice enrollees and their Managed Care Organizations (MCOs).
5. What types of complaints does the Medicaid/HealthChoice Ombudsman handle?
The Ombudsman handles complex issues at the request of the State that come through the HealthChoice Enrollee Action Line. This may include transportation problems, denial of certain health services, access to care problems or issues related to people with special needs.
6. How do I use the free HealthChoice Enrollee Action Line?
If you have a problem or complaint about your Medical Assistance services or your Managed Care Organization (MCO), or if need assistance using the program call 1-800-284-4510 . The HealthChoice Enrollee Action line will:
Answer questions about a Managed Care Organization’s (MCO) policies and procedures
Connect you with staff who can respond to your complaint
Attempt to resolve issues by contacting the MCO directly; or refer issues that cannot be resolved to the Complaint Resolution Unit.
No Additional Information at this time