Teen Parent Support Program
See your School Nurse for information.
Pregnant and/or parenting Montgomery County Public School students
1. Is there daycare in the schools?
No. Students must make arrangements for child care before returning to school after childbirth.
2. Is attending the group an excused absence from class?
Yes, but students are required to make up all work missed while attending the group.
3. What if I don’t like some of the other people in the group?
Attend anyway. An adult facilitator will help you work on communication skills and building healthy relationships. Developing positive relationships with all types of people is a skill that will help you reach your potential.
4. What if I have a test during group time?
Go to class and take the test. Your School Nurse will help you get the information discussed in group.
5. Can my boyfriend (or Father of the baby) come to the group?
Teen Parent Support Groups are open to both Teen Mothers and Teen Fathers as long as they are Montgomery County Public School students.
6. Do I have to go to the support group?
No. Attendance is voluntary but highly recommended.
No Additional Information at this time