IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING
FOR THE COUNTY’S NEW LEASE SITE
FOR A LICENSED CHILD CARE CENTER
*****Please read the information below before
submitting an application*****
Weller Road Elementary School Child Care Center
3301 Weller Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
SITE DESCRIPTION (for children ages 2 to 4 years old)
School interior child care center/suite that includes; one (1) early childhood care room, office with a kitchen area without appliances, storage and restrooms (approximately 1,751 square feet). There is also outdoor play area with storage. The child care suite has a separate entrance door.
Final determination of capacity for the facility will be made by the Office of Child Care.
- Real estate license term: two (2) years with three (3), two-year (2) renewal options, with adjustment of operating costs for each period.
- The current County rental rate is from approximately $11.35 per square foot per year and includes the following: utilities (except phone & internet), janitorial services, buildings and grounds maintenance, snow and trash removal and pest control.
- Seven (7) copies of the application MUST be submitted by mail or in person to 7300 Calhoun Place Suite 700 Rockville, MD by 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 26, 2013. No late applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We cannot accept electronic copies.
- Written applications will be reviewed and scored by a Selection Committee comprised of County, MCPS, parents and community representatives. Applicants with the highest scores may be scheduled for interviews.
- Recommendations of the Selection Committee will be based on written applications, interview and other appropriate information.
- There is no commitment expressed or implied by the County Government in soliciting applications. The County reserves the right to reject any or all applications and re-advertise the space.
- Do not contact the school for information regarding this announcement.
- The selected provider will need to demonstrate that they can effectively communicate in Spanish and English.
- Click here for application and program requirements.
For information and submissions contact:
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
Children, Youth and Familiy Services
Early Childhood Services