Change from Private to County-provided Refuse Collection Service
- Detailed version of request process
- Express interest in County-provided refuse service for your neighborhood
The basic steps required to request a change from privately-contracted refuse collection service to County-provided service (or vice versa) are
- Submit a petition for the change, signed by 25 percent of the homeowners in your proposed collection area.
- Division of Solid Waste Services staff will review the petition.
- If the petition is accepted, all homeowners within the proposed boundaries will be notified by mail, and will be asked to vote whether or not they want the County-provided service.
- A public hearing on the proposed change is held
- The votes are tallied after the hearing.
- A decision is made and homeowners are notified.