Skip to main content
2-21-17 Bethesda Magazine: Public Can Learn About Bus Rapid Transit at Open House Meetings in Silver Spring, March 7, 13 & 15 -- Transportation planners will tout project to bring bus system to Route 29.....more info about Montgomery County's Bus Rapid Transit Project....
LATEST NEWS & ALERTS:
NOTE: THIS WEB SITE IS BEST VIEWED VIA MOZILLA FIREFOX, CHROME OR SAFARI (NOT INTERNET EXPLORER)
- 3-13-17 Bethesda Magazine: Beltway Lane Closures To Begin This Weekend for Road Resurfacing -- Work expected to continue until early spring, officials say
- 1-26-17 NSA Bethesda/Walter Reed NMMC Journal: MD 355 Crossing Work Begins in 2017
- 10-24-16 WMATA Advisory: Medical Center Metro Station: No elevator service beginning October 27 through March 2017 due to rehabilitation
- APRIL 18, 2017, 7:00 PM: NEXT PUBLIC MEETING of the County's BRAC Integration Committee (BIC)
- 2-27-17 Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): MD 187 (Old Georgetown Road) From Beech Avenue to Oakmont Avenue in Bethesda Intersection Reconstruction Project Activity with Sidewalk Closures
- 2-27-17 Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): Crews Complete MD 355/Cedar Lane Intersection Improvement Project in Bethesda -- Final Touches for BRAC-related Project to Be Completed this Spring
- 1-26-17 NSA Bethesda/Walter Reed NMMC Journal: This issue of The Journal provides you with important information about upcoming and ongoing projects designed to improve the capabilities of our mission partners, particularly Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. You’ll also find information about the Maryland Route 355 tunnel crossing project that will take place between Medical Center Metro Station and NSAB Gate 1 (South Gate).
- 1-12-17 Washington Post: Metro releases SafeTrack schedule through June -- The program will end in late June with continuous single-tracking between the Shady Grove and Twinbrook stations.
- 9-21-16 Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): New Traffic Patterm Will Ease Congestion on MD 355 in Bethesda -- Dynamic Control Traffic Signal Will Provide Part-Time Double Left Turns During Afternoon Rush Hour at Jones Bridge Road Intersection
- 6-16-16 Montgomery County Dept. of Parks: Planning Board Authorizes Exchange of Land with Montgomery County, Maryland as Mitigation for the Platt Ridge Drive Extended Project
- 10-8-15 Montgomery County Planning Board re: Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Limited Request to reconfigure an existing Category I forest conservation easement in response to BRAC improvements, located in the southwest quadrant of the intersection with Connecticut Avenue and Jones Bridge Road; Chevy Chase Lake Sector Plan -- UPDATE: REQUEST APPROVED
- 6-15-16 Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation: SHA to Begin Bethesda Trolley Trail Improvement Project
- 5-4-16 Montgomery County Dept. of Transportation: MCDOT to Begin Project to Elmhirst Parkway Bridge -- The construction is expected to take about nine months during which Elmhirst Parkway will be closed to traffic and detour routes will be established
- SHA CONTACT FORMS REGARDING:
- 2-21-17 Bethesda Magazine: Public Can Learn About Bus Rapid Transit at Open House Meetings in Silver Spring, March 7, 13 & 15 -- Transportation planners will tout project to bring bus system to Route 29
- 1-14-16 Bethesda Magazine: In Reversal, National Institutes of Health Decides to Cap Number of Parking Spots on Bethesda Campus -- After outcry from local elected officials, federal agency says it won’t add more parking spots despite addition of up to 3,000 employees
- 8-10-15 Fort Detrick News Release: Fort Detrick leadership has announced the decision to fence off the a portion of the Ireland Creek Trail located at Forest Glen Annex in Silver Spring to protect the public as the Army continues its environmental restoration efforts of the area
- 10-8-15 Government Executive: Intel Community Opens Campus in Suburban Maryland -- Some 3,000 employees of the 17-agency intelligence community have begun switching their commute to report to a “state-of-the-art” campus that opened on Wednesday in Bethesda, Md
Twitter for Montgomery County BRAC