Old Georgetown Road and West Cedar Lane/Oakmont Avenue Intersection
- Maryland Department of Transportation, State Highway Administration
- Montgomery County Department of Transportation
- U.S. Navy
- National Institutes of Health
- Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- National Capital Planning Commission
- Project funded through a grant from the DoD Office of Economic Adjustment for transportation projects at BRAC-impacted military medical facilities.
Scope of Work:
- Widen road along southbound MD 187 south of Cedar Lane to create a new northbound dedicated right turn lane onto Cedar Lane
- Change lane usage on westbound Cedar Lane from a through lane to shared through/left turn lane
- Construct an exclusive right turn lane
- Target completion, Spring 2017
- NOTE: End of 2016 is target ciompletion for a separate SHA/MCDOT project to extend the Bethesda Trolley Trail south along Old Georgetown Rpad from Charles Street past NIH to Lincoln Street.
SHA CONTACT FORMS REGARDING: