Military Medical Center
- U.S. NAVY
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- Maryland State Highway Administration
- Montgomery County Department of Transportation
- Maryland-National Capitol Park and Planning Commission
- National CPC
FUNDING: Fully funded in federal BRAC budget.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Traffic flow improvements at two gates on Rockville Pike and three gates on Jones Bridge Road.
- On-campus roadway and intersection improvements.
- Three additional parking garages for staff, patients and visitors.
- Transit and car pool incentives for National Naval Medical Center personnel
- Rockville Pike at North Wood Drive. PROJECT COMPLETE; monitoring of new traffic signal ongoing
- Rockville Pike at South Wood Drive. TARGET COMPLETION: July 2011
- Jones Bridge Road at Gunnel Road (Navy Exchange): TARGET COMPLETION: TBD 2012
- Jones Bridge Road at Grier Road: TARGET COMPLETION: TBD 2012
- Jones Bridge Road at USU (University of the Health Sciences). TARGET COMPLETION: October 2011
- 4-21-11 NNMC Journal: Preparing New Travel Lanes at NSA Bethesda
- 9-17-10 Naval Support Activity Bethesda: BRAC Program (6 pp)
- Turning lane improvements on Rockville Pike at North Wood Drive: (Navy's north entrance and NIH truck inspection facility).
- 7-17-08 Washington Post: Defense Department Will Pay for Turn Lanes as Naval Hospital Expands
- 7-16-08 Statement by Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett on Defense Department Decision to Address Bethesda Naval Traffic Needs
- 3-24-10 Gazette.Net: Traffic signals could alleviate back-ups near Navy Med -- Lights could improve ‘stacking' on Rockville Pike