Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza
The Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza, located in Downtown Silver Spring, is a premier event facility that provides an elegant setting for all types of events. Just minutes from the Nation’s Capital and several local hotels, the Civic Building combines modern touches with natural design and provides space for corporate events, private parties, wedding ceremonies, receptions, and more! Right outside of the front door you can find the beautiful Veterans Plaza, which provides outdoor space for concerts, festivals, and live entertainment.
The Civic Building is a genuinely unique urban venue. Known for its sophisticated Great Hall, and a variety of activity/conference rooms, your event is sure to be a memorable experience at an exceptional value! Because of its unique features, this venue can host personal celebrations and can be booked farther in advance.
- Exceptional Friday, Saturday, and Sunday rates
- 5,000 square foot ballroom
- Use your own caterer for unique cultural events
- Large warming kitchen/drive-up loading dock
- Wood flooring throughout facility
- Dual projection system in Great Hall
- Wi-Fi and multi-media capability
- Complimentary tables & chairs included in fee
- Five hotels within walking distance
- Convenient parking & three blocks from Metro transit system
- Breathtaking county veterans memorial located on Plaza
- Vibrant district boasts a lively shopping, dining and entertainment scene
- Veterans Plaza with a seasonal ice skating rink and craft market
- For a full listing of all downtown establishments and sample happenings, visit www.SilverSpringDowntown.com and www.visitMontgomery.com
- Click here for our current fee chart.
- Additional staff may be required for large/extensive events or events with alcohol service:
- Building Service Workers: $25/hr
- Security Officer: $35/hr
- Event Monitor: $40/hr
- Equipment (includes setup):
- Great Hall Sound/Projection: $100/unit
- Low Stage: $250/use
Policies and Procedures
- Please read our Policies and Procedures in its entirety before submitting an application
- Insurance is required for all Civic Building and Plaza events. Sample Insurance Document for Silver Spring Civic Building.
- Other documentation/permits may be required of users:
- Special arrangements for holiday use
Apply for Use Permit
New Facility Users
All new facility users are required to submit the following in order for staff to accept an application as complete:
Returning Facility Users in good standing
All returning facility users are required to submit the following in order for staff to accept an application as complete:
Submit applications to Lucie Lancaster
Community Access Program (CAP)
Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza is now accepting FY16 CAP applications. For more information about the Community Access Program (CAP), please contact Eric Rasch, Operations Manager, Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza.
Other Civic Building partners