U.S. DOE Sunshot Initaitive
Helps Develop Comprehensive Renewable Energy Plan for County Facilities
Montgomery County, Maryland was selected by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (U.S. DOE) Sunshot Program to partner on efforts to expand solar and renewable energy markets by leveraging public infrastructure. The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) will provide the County technical assistance, funded by U.S. DOE, to develop a comprehensive renewable energy plan for County facilities. Specifically, the County will access national experts to develop an aggressive but obtainable goal for on-site renewable energy generation, standards for renewables in new facilities, and criteria for balancing renewable energy responsibly. Collectively, this work will help the County meet the requirements of Council Bill 8-14 Renewable Energy on County Facilities.
Did you know that incentives are available, through the Pepco Commercial and Industrial Energy Savings Program, to reduce the costs of energy efficiency improvements?
Montgomery County staff involved in building design, construction, and maintenance meet monthly with Pepco program representatives to identify incentives that can help the County reduce the electricity consumption and greenhouse gas emissions of public facilities.
- Aggressive Commitment to Solar Energy Systems on Public Facilities Recognized by The White House
- Meet the Green Team!
- Partnership with NREL to Support DOE SunShot Initiative
- Energy Performance Contracting Matchmaking
- OES is Hiring - Capital Project (Energy) Manager
- Save Energy with Demand Response
- Microgrids on County Facilities - RFEP and FAQs