- Leggett and StonebridgeCarras Announce Agreement for New Police Station in Downtown Bethesda
- Progress Place - Presentation to East Silver Spring Civic Association (September 15, 2014)
- Glenmont Shopping Center TAP: Montgomery County’s Office of Planning and Development and Department of Economic Development hosted a ULI/COG Technical Assistance Panel on July 15-16, 2014 to study the Glenmont Shopping Center
- Montgomery County, Washington Property Company Finalize Agreement for New Progress Place Homeless Shelter & More Affordable Housing in Ripley District of Silver Spring
- Developer Selected for 2nd District Police Station (Bethesda)
- Request for Development Proposals - East County Regional Services Center (October 1, 2014)
- Request for Development Proposals - Sidney Kramer Upcounty Regional Services Center (October 1, 2014)
- Request for Reuse Proposals - Historic Germantown Bank Building (July 18, 2014)
- Request for Development Proposals - Develop Montgomery County Service Park (CSP Jeremiah Park) (July 15, 2014)
The Office of Planning and Development is responsible for implementation and management of the County’s redevelopment projects. A key component of this effort is creating opportunities for Public-Private Partnerships that leverage County assets and facilitate initiatives.
OPD provides analysis and assessment of business vitality in areas targeted for County redevelopment initiatives and works with relevant County departments, public agencies and private-sector resource partners to develop strategic programs to enhance business sustainability.
OPD advises the County Executive and elected officials on planning and land use matters related to County land and the optimal use of County resources.
OPD’s principal activities are listed below. Click on each for additional information:
- Tracking and Monitoring of Master Plans, zoning and development
- Site selection for County facilities
- County-initiated redevelopment and revitalization efforts