Food and Facilities Licensing
Health Care Facility inspections are unannounced and are conducted on site. In addition, this program licenses small group home facilities for three or more unrelated individuals.
Surveyor duties include but are not limited to:
- Off site review of the nursing home and domiciliary facilities surveys and complaints.
- Tour of the facility to get an overview of the facility, staff, residents and environment.
- Resident Record Review
Evaluation/observation: Medication administration, pressure sore treatments, food/dining service, environment, rehab services, physician services, nursing services, social work services, activities, care plans and
MDSreviews-an assessment tool used to gather information regarding a residents condition to provide staff with ongoing assessment information necessary to develop a care plan and to provide appropriate care and services for each resident.
- Resident, family and resident council interviews.
- Conduct complaint investigations.
- Investigate alleged abuse and neglect.
- Participate in bioterrorism preparedness planning and operations