The Charter and County Code
The Montgomery County Code, Zoning Ordinance, and Code of Montgomery County Regulations (COMCOR), as well as published County Attorney Opinions, are available on the web site of American Legal Publishing. They can be accessed from any computer connected to the Internet and at all Montgomery County libraries via public Internet computers. In addition, the Montgomery County Code, Zoning Ordinance, and COMCOR are available at the Rockville Memorial Library in hard copy.
Copies of the County Code, Zoning Ordinance, and COMCOR, in print and on CD with a folio-views search engine providing increased search capabilities, are available for purchase from the County Attorney’s Office, 101 Monroe Street, 3rd floor, Rockville, MD 20850. Telephone: (240) 777-6753 or click on this Order Form to order. The County Attorney Opinions are available in print ONLY from the County Attorney's Office.
Single copies of the County Charter are available for free by sending a self addressed, stamped, legal envelope to the Office of Public Information, 101 Monroe Street, 4th Floor, Rockville, MD 20850. Quick link to Regulation regarding "Requests Under the Maryland Public Information Act".
- County Charter
- Local Laws and Ordinances
- Special Taxing Area Laws and Regulations
- Council Rules of Procedure
- Board of License Commissioners Rules and Regulations
- Zoning Amendment Procedures
- Personnel Regulations
- Board of Appeals Rules of Procedure
- Human Relations Commission Regulations
- Landlord-Tenant Affairs Commission Regulations
- Board of Health Resolutions
Maryland Public Information Act
- ZONING ORDINANCE (click to enter) (Volume 4 of the County Code, Chapter 59)
Applicability of County Laws to Municipalities
You may also view the table that indicates which chapters of the County Code apply to the various municipalities within Montgomery County.