Wills for Heroes Program
WHAT: Wills for Heroes program open to current Montgomery County Police Officers - September 19, 2015
The Maryland State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, as an affiliate of the Wills for Heroes Foundation, is proud to sponsor the Wills for Heroes program. Wills for Heroes is a free and easy service that provides Wills, Health Care and Financial Powers of Attorney to first responders and their spouses/domestic partners. At the conclusion of the appointment, you will have notarized legal documents to take home with you. For more information on this program, go to the Wills for Heroes Foundation website at www.willsforheroes.org.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
- Current Montgomery County Police Officers and their spouse/domestic partner
- Must be current Maryland resident. The spouse/domestic partner must also be a Maryland resident to participate in the event.
- Officers with simple estate-planning needs. The Wills for Heroes event is designed to accommodate officers with assets of less than $1,500,000. (Note: this amount recently changed).
WHEN: Saturday, September 19, 2015. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED! (Read below)
WHERE: Public Safety Headquarters, 100 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg.
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT– Please read carefully
- The remaining open appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis. Please e-mail attorney, Sarah Cline, to request one of the open appointments: email@example.com
- Depending on the type of open appointment available (listed below), an officer can make an appointment for himself/herself or can make appointments for himself/herself and his/her spouse/domestic partner. If the appointment is a "couple appointment", both the officer and spouse/domestic partner will receive documents (but both must be present).
- An individual appointment will last approximately 1 hour. A couple’s appointment (officer and spouse/domestic partner) will last approximately 2 hours.
At the time of this posting, OPEN appointments are as follows:
- 11:00 a.m - (2) INDIVIDUAL OFFICER appointments available - Please note that these appointments are only for 1 person. There is not enough time during these specific appointments to accomodate spouses/partners.
- 1:00 p.m. - (3) COUPLE/PARTNER appointments available. The officer and his/her spouse/partner must both be present.
- 2:00 p.m - (3) COUPLE/PARTNER appointments available. The officer and his/her spouse/partner must both be present.
No overtime is authorized for this event.