Resources - Victim Assistance
The Department has a specialized Victim Assistance Unit that offers support and information to crime victims and their family members.
What victim assistance services are available?
These are just some of the services that the Victim Assistance Unit provide:
- Crisis Intervention: landlord, creditor, employer
- Referrals: emergency food and shelter, financial Aid, counseling
- Direct Aid: assistance in filing for financial aid (ie: medical bills, funerals bills), help with personal safety options (ie: peace/protective orders, home security screens), providing information about the court process
How do I contact the Victim Assistance Unit?
A victim assistance specialist is assigned to each district police station. Please call the victim assistance specialist that is assigned to the district where the crime occurred.
- 1st District Station Specialist (Rockville) – 240-773-6082
- 2nd District Station Specialist (Bethesda) – 240-773-7625
- 3rd District Station Specialist (Silver Spring) – 240-773-6895
- 4th District Station Specialist (Wheaton) – 240-773-5547
- 5th District Station Specialist (Germantown) – 240-773-5704
- 6th District Station Specialist (Gaithersburg) – 240-773-5704
See our Victim/Witness Assistance Brochure for additional information.
Need to Check Status of Inmate
VINE is a free, anonymous, fully automated service that allows you to check the custody status of an inmate in the Montgomery County Detention Center.