TRANSIT TASK FORCE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of Transit Task Force meetings from the date hereof through the completion of the Report of the Task Force, and procedures with respect thereto. Prior notices and scheduled meeting dates are superseded hereby. Dated September 1, 2015.
- An “Initial Draft” of the Report of the Task Force will be considered, discussed and marked-up at Task Force meetings scheduled for Wednesday, September 9 at 6:30 pm in the EOB, 9th Floor Large Conference Room and Thursday, September 10 at 6:30 pm in the EOB Auditorium (Lobby Level). If necessary, a third meeting of the Task Force will be held for this purpose on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 6:30pm in the EOB, 2nd Floor CE Conference Room. The meetings will be open to the public. Participation will be limited to Task Force members.
- As adopted by the Task Force at the meetings described in paragraph 1 above, a “Public Draft” of the Report of the Task Force will be circulated and posted on the Task Force website on or about Wednesday, September 16th, 2015.
- The public is invited to offer its comments on the Public Draft of the Report of the Task Force during a comment period between Wednesday, September 16, 2015, and Tuesday, October 6, 2015.
- A Public Forum of the Task Force will be held on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 6 p.m. in the Council Office Building (COB), 100 Maryland Avenue, 3rd Floor Hearing Room. The purpose of the Public Forum will be for members of the public to provide comment on the Public Draft of the Report of the Task Force. We will announce via a News Release when the public can begin signing up for the Public Forum. To reiterate, written statements may be submitted outside of the Public Forum between September 16th and October 6th, 2015. Details regarding: (a) registering to give oral statements at the Public Forum; (b) how to submit written statements; and (c) procedures for the conduct of the Public Forum itself, will be published in a separate notice.
- The Task Force will meet on Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 6:30 pm in the EOB Auditorium (Lobby Level), to consider whether to modify the Public Draft based on public comments received. If necessary, the Task Force will also meet on Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 6:30 pm in the EOB, 9th Floor Large Conference Room to complete its business.
- Final action on the Report of the Task Force may be taken either at the October 7th or October 8th meetings. The meetings will be open to the public. Participation in the meetings will be limited to Task Force members.
- The adopted Report of the Task Force will be delivered to the County Executive and Council, and posted on the Task Force website as soon as possible following adoption thereof.