Class C One Day Special Licenses - Frequently Asked Questions

How do I submit my application?
Apply online
Please submit applications 14 days prior to date of event.

Do I have to be a resident applicant?
Effective September 1, 2011, all applicants must be a resident of Montgomery County, MD for at least the past 2 years.

What is the fee for a Class C One Day Special License?
$30 per day for beer and wine, and $60 per day for beer, wine and liquor.

When do I pay for my one day license?
The license fee will be collected at time of license pick up.

Where do I pick up my license?
Once approved, licenses can be picked up at the Licensure Office located at 201 Edison Park Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.

Is a security plan necessary when applying for my Class C One Day License?
A security plan is required for all outdoor events and any other event expecting 300 or more attendees. The security plan should include food menu and security patrol/officers -if necessary.

Want to Hire Police Officers for Security?
Contact the Montgomery County Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) at 301-948-4286 or email
Request must be submitted at least 5 days prior to the event. Cost is $50 per hour with a minimum of 3 hours.

Is a alcohol plan necessary when applying for my Class C One Day License?
A alcohol plan is required for ALL events. Alcohol plans should include:

  • An alcohol service plan
  • Alcohol policies relating to under 21 alcohol use prevention responsible sales

Does alcohol service have to end by a certain time?
All alcohol service for a Class C One Day Special License must end by 1:00 AM and be cleared off the tables by 1:30 AM.

When do I pick up my license?
The Board of License Commissioners approves all Class C One Day Special Licenses at hearings on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month. Licenses are ready for pick up the Friday following hearings.

How do I purchase alcohol for my event?
Alcohol must be purchased thru Montgomery County Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS) one of the two ways:

How do I find product price listing?
To view product and current price list, go to the Licensee Portal.

Are alcohol donations allowed for 1-day event?
The Board has had many inquiries regarding suppliers or wholesales donating alcoholic beverages for events. All alcoholic beverages must be purchased in accordance with the information outlined in the previous paragraphs. However, the supplier may make a monetary contribution to the charity in the amount of monies necessary to purchase the alcohol.

Kegs must be purchased from the Alcohol Beverage Services Warehouse and/or dispensaries, or any off-sale beer and wine licensee located within Montgomery County, Maryland. All kegs purchased and consumed at such non-profit events must be in compliance with the State of Maryland/Montgomery County keg registration requirements.