My Turn Program

How to Apply

Call 240-777-1216 for an interview with a My Turn Program staff member.

Documents To Bring

All documentation pertaining to the child’s developmental disability, including school records, Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and psychological evaluations.

Eligibility Requirements

Montgomery County residents ages 3 to 13 years of age with a developmental disability.  The My Turn Program follows the Maryland Developmental Disability Administration's definition of a developmental disability.  According to the DDA, "an individual is considered to have a developmental disability if she/he has a physical or mental condition other than a sole diagnosis of mental illness and needs to have services which are individually planned and coordinated. The condition has to be likely to continue indefinitely and has to be manifested before the age of 22, with the result of the condition being an inability to live independently.

Fees and Payments



Can I request funding as an on-going service?
Our funding is limited so we can only provide funding for one session at a time. 

Can I request funding for OT, PT, and Speech?
No, My Turn funds cannot pay for Therapeutic services. It is used to pay for Community activities e.g. swimming, horseback riding, etc.

My child is 13 and will be 14 next year, can I still request funding.
Yes, you can request funding before the child turns 14. Once the child reaches 14, they are no longer eligible for My Turn services.

Can I request funds for Camp and Community activities as the same time.
No, only one request can be submitted at a time.

Additional Information

My Turn program funding is very limited. Your request for funding can be made for recreational activities from July to January and Summer Camp funds request can be made from February to the first week of July.