Photos of Veterans and service members in military uniforms and attire

Commission on Veterans Affairs



Requesting Your Military Service Records / DD 2-14 / Medical Records

Whenever a veteran requests benefits and services, a copy of the individual’s discharge papers are required to verify eligibility. This includes admission to Charlotte Hall Veterans Home, Maryland’s five cemeteries, VA claims and a myriad of other services provided to veterans and their families. Veterans and their next of kin can request a copy of the service member’s DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty from the National Archives. You can request the DD214 online via their website -  Click on the link “Submit your request online”. You can also make a request by sending Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to Request Military Service Records to: National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138. 

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Provides information on VA benefits such as disability, health care, education and training, housing assistance, careers and employment, life insurance, pension, and burials and memorials. Users can register with the site and manage their health and benefits including refill prescriptions, get VA health records, check claim and appeal status, check Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, and message their health care team. Please review the Annual Income Limits to learn more about VA National Income Limits for medical benefits and prescriptions.

Applying for VA Benefits and Claims Assistance

The  Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) Service and Benefits Program provides assistance to the men and women who served in the Uniformed Services of the United States, their dependents, and survivors in obtaining benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, State of Maryland and other programs for veterans and their families.


Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs

David Skisano, Veterans Benefits Specialist (VBS)
Email: [email protected]
Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration Service Center
Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs
15 Metropolitan Grove Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 301-987-8412 (V)
301-987-8413 (V)
301-987-8496 (FAX)
By appointment only. Contact via email or phone.
Please leave a message and he will return the call as soon as possible. 

For more information and resources, view our Veterans Network Directory -  Benefits & Claims Assistance and  Retirement BenefitsTo view an Adobe PDF file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file. You can obtain one for FREE from Adobe Systems Incorporated.  Download Acrobat Reader

Military Department Seals - Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Space Force, U.S. Public Health Service, NOAA

Proudly Recognizing the Military Service of Our U.S. Armed Forces, U.S. Uniformed Services & Their Families