Immunization Program



The Immunization Program will reopen for childhood immunizations on Monday, July 6, at the Dennis Avenue Health Center only.  More locations will be available in the future.


Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services offers immunizations through the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program to eligible children through 18 years of age, by appointment only, at the Dennis Avenue Health Center.  More locations will be available in the future.  Check back here for updates. 

To schedule an appointment:

Dennis Avenue Health Center 
Appointments are available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
2000 Dennis Avenue, Silver Spring



Documents To Bring

If the child is covered by Medical Assistance, bring the child's Medical Assistance Card.

Eligibility Requirements

Children age 18 years or younger must meet the following criteria:

• Child does not have health insurance
• Child is covered by Medical Assistance
• Child has health insurance that doesn’t cover vaccines
Children with private health insurance should schedule immunization appointments with their primary health care provider.

Fees and Payments

There is a vaccine administration fee, based on a sliding fee scale that is set by the State of Maryland, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and is based on family size and family income.  A child will not be denied a vaccination based on inability to pay the administration fee. 


1.  How do I get a copy of my child’s Immunization record?

  • First ask your school nurse for a copy of your child's immunization record.  Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) maintains an immunization record for each enrolled student.  If the record is not available through the school, call 311.  The County’s Immunization Program will follow up, may search the State’s Immunization Registry, and will call you back.
  • Check the Maryland Department of Health's web portal .  Maryland residents can access their vaccinations records online at no cost.  Users can view and print official copies of their vaccination records, and those of their family members, without an additional request to their health care provider

2.  Where should I call for an appointment for adult vaccinations?

Currently, we do not provide adult vaccinations, but we can provide information on local community clinics that offer vaccinations for a fee.  Call 311 for more information. 

Additional Information

No additional information at this time.