- Online - Log in to My Account to pay with a Visa or MasterCard. Read instructions for online payment.
- In person - Pay by check or cash at any MCPL circulation desk. See our branch locations and hours.
- By mail - Send your check, payable to Montgomery County, Maryland, to
Montgomery County Public Libraries
Attn: Circulation Manager
21 Maryland Avenue, Suite 310
Rockville, MD 20850
Login to My Account to see fines or fees on your account.
See our schedule of fines and fees.
Library items can be renewed 24 hours a day online from My Account or through our automated telephone service at 240-777-0007.
If you have questions about charges or lost items, please consult a library staff member BEFORE you pay.
See branch locations, hours, and phone numbers or call Ask-a-Librarian at 240-777-0001.
If items are overdue, the amount in unpaid bills is an estimated amount due. Please renew or return your overdue items prior to making an online payment. This will provide you with an exact amount due.
Important: Because credit card payments are manually processed, fines are not immediately removed from your library card account in our circulation system. Today’s payment will be posted to your library account within 2 to 3 business days.
- Log in to My Account with your library card number and PIN.
- Click Pay Fines Online.
- Enter your library card number, PIN, and the amount you wish to pay. You can pay any or all of the fines. Please be sure to enter your amount with the decimal point in the correct place. Watch your confirmation to see that the amount paid was what you intended.
- The next screen will ask for your personal information and credit card number and expiration date.
- Click "Process Payment." Click it only once; clicking more than once can result in duplicate payments. Wait up to one minute for the system to respond.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your payment. Please review it for accuracy. If you don’t receive confirmation within 15 minutes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Save or print your confirmation. If your library account was blocked, this confirmation will be evidence of payment at our circulation desks.
Can I pay part of a fine on an item?
Yes. You can pay any part of the amount owed. If charges are $25.00 or more, your library account is blocked, and you will be unable to borrow, renew, or place holds.
Which credit cards do you accept?
We accept only Visa and MasterCard credit cards. We cannot accept debit cards.
Is my online payment secure?
Yes. Montgomery County uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a standard supported by most major Internet browsers. All of your personal and card details are protected.