Agenda Item 6B
Faden, Senior Legislative Attorney
Bill 34-12, Stormwater Management
Water Quality Protection
Bill 34-12, Stormwater Management - Water Quality Protection Charge, sponsored by
the Council President at the request of the County Executive, is scheduled to be introduced on
November 27,2012. A public hearing is tentatively scheduled for January 15,2013 at 1:30 p.m.
Bill 34-12 would
• subject all properties not otherwise exempt under state law to the Water Quality
• allow certain property owners to obtain a credit equal to a certain percentage of the
• exempt certain property owners that are able to demonstrate substantial financial
• provide for a phase-in of certain increases to the Charge; and
• generally amend County law regarding the Water Quality Protection Charge.
This packet contains:
Legislative Request Report
F:\LAW\8ILLS\1234 Stormwater Managemenl-WQPC\Intro Memo.Doc