T&E Item 3
Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy
Josh Hamlin, Legislative
Bill 52-14, pesJ$des - Notice Requirements
Pesticides - Prohibitions
Kelly Love, Urban Nutrient Management Specialist,
Maryland Department of Agriculture
Zack Kline, AOLCP, LICM, Owner
A.I.R. Lawn Care
Jody Fetzer, Green Management Coordinator
M-NCPPC Montgomery Parks
Chip Osborne, President
Osborne Organics, LLC
Chrostowksi, Ph.D., QEP
Environmental Chemist, CPF Associates, Inc.
Bill 52-14, Pesticides - Notice Requirements - Non-Essential Pesticides - Prohibitions,
sponsored by then Council
President Leventhal and COWlcilmembers EIrich, Riemer, Floreen,
and Navarro was introduced on October 28. Public hearing on the Bill began on January 15, and
was continued on February 12. The Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy and Environment
(T&E) Committee has held worksessions on March 16 and March 30.
Committee worksession will be scheduled at a later date.
Bill 52-14 would:
(1) require posting of notice for certain lawn applications of pesticide;
(2) prohibit the use of certain pesticides on lawns;
(3) prohibit the use of certain pesticides on certain County-owned property;
(4) require the County to adopt an integrated pest management program for certain
County-owned property; and
(5) generally amend County law regarding pesticides.