Agenda Item 5A
June 30, 2015
June 26, 2015
Glenn Orlin, Deputy Council Administrator_
Amanda Mihill, Legislative
Bill 34-15, Taxes - Transportation and School Impact Tax
Bill 34-15, Taxes - Transportation and School Impact Tax - Amendments, sponsored by
Lead Sponsors Councilmembers Rice and EIrich is scheduled to be introduced on June 30,2015.
A public hearing is tentatively scheduled for July 21 at 1:30 p.m.
Bill 34-15 would:
• revise the application of the transportation and school impact tax in a former enterprise
• revise the life of a credit certified after a certain date for transportation and school
• allow a transportation impact tax credit for reconstruction of an existing road;
• eliminate Metro Station Policy Areas and Clarksburg as separate tax districts and
incorporate those areas into the Countywide tax; and
• eliminate the separate tax rates within 0.5 miles of certain MARC stations.
This packet contains:
Legislative Request Report