Agenda Item SA
November 14, 2017
November 9, 2017
Amanda Mihill, Legislative A t t o m e ~
Bill 26-17, Forest Conservation -Amendments
Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy and Environment Committee recommendation
enact Bill 26-17 as amended (see additional amendment on page 2-3).
Bill 26-17, Forest Conservation - Amendments, sponsored by Lead Sponsor Council President at
the request of the Planning Board, was introduced on July 25, 2017. A public hearing was held on
September 19 (see written testimony on ©33-45), and a Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy and
Environment Committee worksession was held on October 5.
Bill 26-17 would:
• require certain administrative and minor subdivisions to comply with the Forest
• subject certain conditional uses to the Forest Conservation Law;
• require park development plans to comply with the Forest Conservation Law;
• exempt certain modifications to existing residential development property under
• require certain projects requiring sketch plan approval to submit a forest stand
• modify the process for submitting a forest stand delineation;
• alter the maintenance period for forest conservation plans for certain areas;
• remove the requirement that tree variances be referred to the County Arborist for
• generally amend laws related to forest conservation.