Licensing and Registration Unit (L&R)
Renewal of Rental Housing Licenses and Common Ownership Community (COC) Registrations
Licensing and Registration will mail FY2017 Renewal Invoices to all current rental property owners and COC representatives during the week of June 27, 2016.
Starting July 1, 2016, FY2017 renewal payments will be accepted online using credit or debit cards or electronic check. Renewal payments by check or money order accompanied by FY2017 Renewal Invoices are accepted by mail at the Philadelphia PO Box shown on the invoice. Please do not mail renewal payments to the Licensing and Registration office, as it will delay processing your payment.
If applying for a new rental housing license for a single family house, condominium, apartment/multifamily or Class 3 accessory apartment, please follow the instructions below. Please contact us at 240-777-0311 if you have any questions.
Single Family/Condominium Rental Housing License
Multi-Family Apartment License
Common Ownership Communities
- Pay online by credit card or eCheck
Visa/MasterCard/American Express/Discover/eCheck. No service fees charged.
- Pay by mail
Licensing fees sent by mail or in person may only be paid by check or money order.
- Starting July 1, 2016, all refund requests must be made in writing within 90 days of payment and include documentation from bank institution.
Manage My Account
Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) - Lead Paint
- Information about Lead Paint - Rental Owners
- Inspectors Providing Lead Paint Abatement Services in Maryland
- Lead Paint - Important Notice & New Annual Lead Poisoning Prevention Checklist
- Search Lead Rental Property Registry
Is this property licensed?
Annually, DHCA Licensing and Registration surveys Montgomery County multifamily rental facilities on tenant services, unit sizes, rents, occupancy and structure types. Results include 811 facilities with 76,872 rental units from Montgomery County, City of Gaithersburg, Rockville and Takoma Park.