The County Executive and County Council encourage people who live or work in Montgomery County to become actively involved in matters affecting the quality of life in Montgomery County. Appointments are made to more than 75 Boards, Committees, and Commissions (BCCs) by the County Executive, with confirmation by the County Council. Generally, BCCs meet one or two evenings per month, have three year terms, and are advisory in nature. Most members of BCCs are not compensated, but mileage and dependent care expenses may be reimbursed. Vacancies are advertised and often published by area newspapers.
HOW TO APPLY USING THE NEW ONLINE BCC APPLICATION PROCESS
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
- Click New Online Application Process on the table of contents to the left, or click here
- Click on the vacancy notice for the BCC to which you wish to apply.
- Scroll down to view the complete vacancy notice. At the bottom of the page click “Apply.”
- At Step 4, you will be prompted to submit a resume. The resume should be no more than four pages, and should be in Word or PDF format. If you wish to include a letter of interest (stating why you are applying), combine into ONE document file containing both the letter and resume. The letter should be addressed to: The Honorable Isiah Leggett, 101 Monroe Street, Rockville, MD 20850. Only ONE document file may be uploaded during the application process.
- You must complete the application process before closing the web page. Once the application has been closed, you will not be able to access it again.
- After you have completed your application, an email acknowledging your application will be automatically sent to you.
- If you wish to apply to more than one BCC, you will have to repeat the process.
AFTER COMPLETING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- For most vacancies, interviews are conducted by a nominating committee of the BCC and its staff liaison.
- The nominating committee makes recommendations for appointment to the County Executive.
- The County Executive makes final decisions regarding all appointments.
- Once appointments are made, applicants are notified of the County Executive's decision. This process usually takes three to four months to complete.
If you have any questions about the application process or BCCs, please call 240-777-2528 or click here to submit your request.