Volunteer Information - DOCR
The Montgomery County Department of Correction and Rehabilitation provides a variety of programs that directly benefit those inmates who participate. These programs include but are not limited to: religious worship and instruction, education, recreation, and treatment. The general goal of inmate programs is to foster skills and attitudes that will enable inmates to successfully reintegrate into the community upon release.
Volunteering at Montgomery County Correctional Facility | 240-773-9898
Screening and Selection
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Must fill out Volunteer Application Form
- Clear a criminal history check
- Provide a negative TB test result or explanation from doctor
Will receive orientation, training, and quarterly correspondence
- MCCF Volunteer Handbook
- Policy & Procedures - 1200-9
- Policy & Procedures - 1200-14
- Policy & Procedures - 1200-18
- Policy & Procedures - 3000-7
Volunteering at Pre-Release and Reentry Services | 240-773-4242
Pre-Release and Reentry Services recruits volunteers from all cultural and socio-economic segments through local resources such as universities, colleges, the Montgomery County Volunteer Center, churches etc.. Volunteers must be twenty one years of age or older. Volunteers provide a variety of services including one on one tutoring with residents, supervision and coaching of residents in the Career Resource Center, and assistance with resume writing.