Emergency Communications Center
Assistant Chief John Kinsley
The Emergency Communications Center is responsible for the effective performance of all emergency communications relating to a fire, rescue, or emergency medical incidents. From the joint Public Safety Communications Center building, the MCFRS Emergency Communications Center is the primary link between a citizen, who reports an emergency via 9-1-1, and the fire and rescue personnel and equipment, who respond to an incident scene. The MCFRS Emergency Communications Center dispatches all emergency fire, rescue and emergency medical resources in Montgomery County.
The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Emergency Communications Center is the first responder to all public emergencies, providing the vital informational link between our fire and rescues personnel and the citizens they protect and serve.
The mission of the MCFRS Emergency Communications Center is to obtain the necessary information to dispatch the proper response quickly, provide appropriate pre-arrival instructions, ensure fire and rescue response personnel have adequate situational awareness of the dispatched event, and to manage all response communications and technologies. We strive to ensure the preservation of life and property by treating all who use our services with professionalism, courtesy, and compassion and by relaying accurate information in a timely and efficient manner.
Services Provided by the MCFRS Emergency Communications Center:
- Secondary Public Safety Answering Point
- Fire, rescue, and emergency medical services 9-1-1 call-taking
- Fire, rescue, and emergency medical services radio dispatching
- Deliver professional emergency telecommunicator training and certification, as well as quality assurance/improvement through a Professional Standards Office
- Operate and maintain an 800 MHz trunked and VHF public safety radio systems, including portable and mobile subscriber units, as well as notification paging services
- Operate and maintain Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) system including Mobile Data Computers (MDC)
- Operate and maintain cellular voice and data services for fire and rescue operational personnel
- Operate and maintain the Fire Station Alerting System
- Participate in the Public Safety Systems Modernization (PSSM) Program, which is tasked with procurement of new CAD and MDC systems, new Fire Station Alerting system, new P-25 compliant mobile and portable subscriber radios, and new 800 and VHF radio system infrastructure.
- Assure Continuity of Operations (COOP) by maintaining an Alternate Emergency Communication Center (AECC)