Parking District Permits
1. Parking Convenience Sticker (PCS) Monthly Permit
This permit, when properly displayed on the vehicle will authorize that vehicle to park in the district(s) for which it is issued without payment of hourly fees.
The PCS sticker costs are as follows:
|Parking District||PCS Cost|
|North Bethesda TMD||$123.00|
Vehicles with PCS permits may park in the following spaces:
- Any space controlled by signs indicating 'PCS PERMIT PARKING ONLY."
- Any long term parking meter (long term meter is light silver in color and has a duration of nine hours or more) except Carpool areas before 9:30 AM.
- In facilities controlled by Automatic Pay Stations (Pay by Space Only), at any non-restricted space, i.e. spaces not designated by signs as a short term spaces of less than nine hours, Carpool or other reserved parking. Permit can not be used in Pay-on-Foot facilities.
- After 9:30 AM, the permit may be used at spaces designated by signs as Carpool spaces. These signs read "Carpool Permit Parking Only 6 AM thru 9:30 AM Mon. thru Fri." Parking in a Carpool space before 9:30 AM could result in a Parking Violation Notice and/or having the vehicle towed at the owner's expense.
- The permit does not allow parking within any cashier operated facility. Parking in cashier garages requires payment of parking fees upon exit.
- The permit does not guarantee a space in any particular facility.
PCS Parking Permits (Monthly)
PCS metered permits allow long-term, parking at County metered parking garage, lot facilities, on-street parking spaces, or PCS reserved areas. PCS metered Permits are purchased good for one calendar month. Not to be used at any Cashier parking facility.
To view an Adobe PDF file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file. You can obtain one for FREE from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Download Acrobat Reader
2. Carpool Permit
The Carpool permit, when properly displayed on the vehicle being driven that day, will authorize that vehicle to park in the one designated facility for which the permit is issued.
- Vehicles with Carpool permits are to park in the spaces controlled by signs indicating: "Carpool Permit Parking Only 6am to 9:30am, Mon - Fri"
- Vehicles are authorized to park in long term metered or non-restricted spaces (see above) within the designated facility if there are no spaces available in the reserved Carpool area.
- The permit is not honored, under any circumstances, anywhere except in the facility for which the permit is issued.
Carpool permits vary in cost depending upon the number of persons or passengers per vehicle.
Carpool Rates (per month)
|3 and 4||$58.00||$49.00|
|5 or more||$15.00||$11.00|
(For more information on new rates and hours in Bethesda, click on News)
3. Daily Parking Permit
Daily Parking Permits are available in the Bethesda and Silver Spring Parking Districts. Bethesda daily permits are $12.00 per day and Silver Spring daily permits are $7.80 per day.
4. "AM/PM" Parking Permit
As a convenience to those parkers now having to make a payment between 7 am to 9 am and 5 pm to 10 pm. The Division of Parking Management is offering for sale a parking permit that covers both of these periods. This permit can only be used at long-term meters.
The parking permit name is:
"AM/PM" Parking Permit".
The cost is $20.00 per month for one month.
To purchase by mail:
- Make check or money order payable to Montgomery County, Maryland for the full amount for one, two or three months parking and indicate the months you are paying for.
- Mail to:
"AM/PM" Parking Permit
Parking Sales Store
P.O. Box 8399
Silver Spring, Maryland 20907
You will be mailed your parking permit, instructions, and a renewal envelope.
Please allow two weeks for your request to reach us, be processed and mailed back to you.
If you prefer to pick up a "AM/PM" Parking Permit yourself, you can purchase them at the Parking Sales Store.
Please note: The permit must be displayed inside the vehicle on the drivers side on either the windshield or the rear window. The permit allows one to park, without putting money in the meter, all hours EXCEPT 9 am to 5 pm and only at 9 - 15 hour metered spaces. The permits is not valid at short-term spaces or cashier operated facilities. No record of permits will be kept. If a permit is lost or misplaced it cannot be replaced without payment of the applicable fee. If you forget to renew, or you renewed but the permit did not arrive by the first of the month, it will be necessary to pay meter fees.
For questions, please call the Parking Sales Store at 240-777-8744.
5. Residential Parking Permit
Please click here to find information about Residential Parking Permit.
6. Convenience Access Card (Monthly)
An electronic access card is issued by parking garage managers (in cashier facilities) which enables the card holder to enter and exit a garage. The card authorizes parking in this garage only. It is not valid for parking in any other Montgomery County facility. If the access card is not used to enter the garage, a daily ticket must be taken and the customer will pay the prevailing daily rate.
This access card is only available for parking use at two facilities in Silver Spring, Maryland. The facilities are: Wayne Avenue Garage 60 - 621 Wayne Avenue and the Town Square Garage 61 - 801 Ellsworth Drive.
The rates for both facilities are:
- Short Term Parking (4 Hours or Less): $1.00 per hour
- Access Card: $189 per month
To purchase an access card for either facility, please visit the Wayne Avenue Garage at 921 Wayne Avenue or for more information call 301-585-3013.
7. Buy Parking Permit
8. Renew Parking Permit
Follow these instructions and you should not experience any problem in obtaining the parking permit in ample time for you to display by the first of each month. It is your responsibility to have the permit in time and properly displayed on the first business day of the month.
- Renew Online
- MAIL-IN Processing:
- Fill in the required month.
- Make any address change as needed.
- Renewal forms will indicate the facility where you usually park. If this changes, please note this on the renewal.
- Carpool permit holders should also verify the designated facility.
- Make check or money order payable to Montgomery County, Maryland and mail with the completed renewal form in the envelope provided between the tenth and twentieth of the month. Your permit will be sent to you by return mail with a renewal form and a return envelope for the next month.
- Have the renewal form completed as directed above before arriving.
- If paying by check, have it completed as directed above for the proper amount.
- Bring your completed form to the Silver Spring Sales Store.
- Failure to bring your completed form will cause unnecessary delays for both you and other walk-in customers.
- Avoid long lines - renew on days other than the first or last day of the month.
For website comments or to report website problems or broken links, please email us.
This email address does not handle service requests or complaints.