The Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center (MCASAC) has reopened all feline adoption areas to the public including the kitten adoption area. MCASAC will recommence accepting cat/kitten surrenders. To schedule an admitting appointment for your pet, please call (240) 773-5900 to schedule a time to meet with one of our Admissions Specialists.
All adoption fees on cats, dogs, and small companion animals will be waived for one day only!
We will open at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 15th
- Are you at least 18-years-old? Great! You can apply to adopt!
- Please bring a valid photo ID
- All adults in your household must agree with the adoption, so they must meet the animal in-person, or send along written approval
- If you rent, you will need to provide verification that you can have the the type of animal you want to adopt
- We will ask that you fill out the Meet Your Match survey (for dogs and cats) or a Small Animal Application onsite or on our website and meet with an adoption counselor here at the shelter. It helps us make a good match!
- Some animals may have additional requirements based on their needs
- In case your new pet is available to go home the same day, it is a good idea to bring the equipment necessary to safely transport your new pet to your home (e.g.: plastic cat carrier, sturdy collar, leash, harness, appropriate small animal cage, etc.)
Adoption Center Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday...12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday.......................12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed on Wednesdays and major holidays
For a list of in-kind donations
Contact Us: Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center
Department of Police, Animal Services Division
7315 Muncaster Mill Rd., Derwood, MD 20855 Telephone: 240.773.5900 Fax: 301.279.1063