Free and confidential foreclosure prevention assistance is available from Maryland's HOPE network of non-profit organizations. Foreclosure Prevention Counselors can help you better understand your mortgage documents and options for reducing your mortgage burden.
How to Report a Vacant Property Vacant properties pose a number of potential problems for neighborhoods. If you suspect or know that a property in your neighborhood is vacant, and not being properly monitored and maintained by the owner or the representative of the owner, please complete and submit this form. DHCA will inspect the property and initiate appropriate action.
- Montgomery County Planning Department: Residential Foreclosures
- Maps of Foreclosures
- DHCA Foreclosure Update Foreclosures in Montgomery County and efforts undertaken and planned to combat the problem.
- "Fast Facts"
- Tips if Your Mortgage is Late
- Avoid Scams and Fraud
- IRS - Questions and Answers: Home Foreclosure and Debt Cancellation
- Reporting FHCA Mortgage Fraud
Communicating with Your Lender
- Information Your Lender Will Need
- Hardship Letter Checklist