Library Page Positions
We are currently accepting applications for page positions.
Library pages shelve materials and must be able to move a 60-pound book cart, reach, stoop, and bend. Positions are year around, 10 to 19 hours per week, Sunday through Saturday. These are non-merit positions. The hourly wage is $9.55.
You must be at least 14 years old to apply to be a library page.
You must apply online. Here are the steps:
- Complete the online application and upload resume at Montgomery County Government Careers website. Look for the Library Page position under the category Temporary/Seasonal/Substitute.
- You may receive a confirmation email indicating that your application has been received. Print the confirmation email, and bring it with you to the page assessment exercise. If you did not receive a confirmation email you can go your account that you set up when you applied for this position and print out a copy of the positions that you applied for which should include the current Library Page position.
- Complete an in-person written assessment exercise, which checks your understanding of library shelving systems. Practice with this sample assessment exercise.
- Take one of the scheduled assessment exercises. You do not need an appointment, but you MUST have submitted an application online and received a confirmation email in order to take the assessment exercise. You can take the assessment at any branch, regardless of where you wish to work.
- Bring with you to the assessment exercise:
- a print-out of the email confirming receipt of your application or go to your account and print out a copy of the position/s that you have applied for
- a photo ID
Qualified applications will be placed on an eligibility list for six months.