Community Paper Shredding and Recycling Events
Subscribe to our paper shredding news and reminders to receive announcements of future events.
Services provided by, and partners in these events are
- Office Paper Systems
- Goodwill of Greater Washington
- the Lupus Foundation
- A Wider Circle
All events will be held rain or shine.
The May 4 event is drive-through only: residents will be asked to stay in their vehicles. For everyone’s safety, you will not be able to watch your paper being shredded.
On-Site Paper Shredding and Recycling Guidelines
Services donated by Office Paper Systems
Paper shredding is available at no charge to Montgomery County, Maryland residents only (no businesses are permitted).
- Acceptable types of paper for shredding include:
- All types of paper such as financial and legal documents, receipts, and tax and medical records
- Papers with staples or paper clips (please remove binder clips)
- Envelopes with plastic windows
- Unacceptable items include:
- Paper in 3-ring binders and spiral notebooks (please remove binders and spiral bindings)
- Plastic items such as credit cards or plastic bags
- Electronic items such as CDs or computer disks
- Limit: five paper bags or small cardboard boxes of paper per household/vehicle.
Reusable Clothing and Household Goods Donation Guidelines
Benefitting Goodwill of Greater Washington, the Lupus Foundation, and A Wider Circle.
Bring items that are in working/usable condition. Please bring gently used clothing and small loose items in bags or boxes.
Tax-deduction receipts will be available upon request.
General guidelines for acceptable donations are:
- Clean clothing, shoes, accessories, and bed and bath items
- Miscellaneous household goods such as dining ware, pots and pans, glassware, picture frames, power tools, small electronics, arts and crafts supplies, and garden tools
- Books, CDs, DVDs, etc. (no encyclopedias and textbooks)
- Furniture and other items such as tables, chairs, bookshelves, and lamps
- No large appliances, automobile parts, construction materials, or food