Community Paper Shredding and Recycling Events
Subscribe to our paper shredding news and reminders to receive announcements of future events.
More 2014 event dates to come, as we confirm site details!
Our shredding events are drive-through; we ask participants to stay in their vehicles. For everyone’s safety, you will not be able to watch your paper being shredded.
On-Site Paper Shredding and Recycling Guidelines
Services donated by Office Paper Systems
Paper shredding is available at no charge to Montgomery County, Maryland residents only (no businesses are permitted).
- Acceptable types of paper for shredding include:
- All types of paper such as financial and legal documents, receipts, and tax and medical records
- Papers with staples or paper clips (please remove binder clips)
- Envelopes with plastic windows
- Unacceptable items include:
- Paper in 3-ring binders and spiral notebooks (please remove binders and spiral bindings)
- Plastic items such as credit cards or plastic bags
- Electronic items such as CDs or computer disks
- Limit: five paper bags or small cardboard boxes of paper per household/vehicle.