How do I report recycling, yard trim, and trash service complaints?

Return to Recycling and Trash Service for single-family homes

curbside: mixed paper and cardboard recycling cart, blue 22-gallon recycling bin, and yard trim in a paper yard trim bagTo report a complaint about Montgomery County-provided recycling, yard trim, or trash collections, call Montgomery County's Customer Service Center at 311 (out-of-County: 240-777-0311).

  • The Customer Service Center will create a Service Request for you.
  • We will receive and respond to this Service Request.

This information applies only to recycling and trash collections provided by Montgomery County. If your collection contract is directly between you and a hauling company, or is arranged by your homeowners' association or municipality, contact the company, association, or municipality directly.

Check whether you receive County-provided collection service, using our Collection Day Lookup tool. Or, call the Montgomery County Customer Service Center at 311 (or 240-777-0311).

Missed collections

  • You must report missed collections no later than 7:00 p.m., two business days after your collection day.
  • In the meantime, leave your items at the curb.

You must place materials curbside no later than 7:00 am on your collection day. Recycling and trash trucks making collections for Montgomery County may work until 9:00 pm.

County-provided recycling collections for recyclables and yard trim are made by different trucks. These trucks typically have different schedules. For example, your blue bin items and paper might be collected in the morning, and your yard trim might be collected in the afternoon.