Housing Code Enforcement​


Housing Code enforcement has resumed interior inspections. Please contact DHCA online or call 311 (or 240-777-0311) to submit service requests.

Laws and Regulations

Air-Conditioning (A/C):

Window Guards

Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms:

Mercury Service Regulators:

Vacant Property: Bill 39-16 - Housing and Building Maintenance Standards - Registration of Vacant Property

Smoke Alarms: Public Safety - Fire Protection and Prevention - Residential Smoke Alarms

Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU): Bill 22-19 - Accessory Dwelling Units - Licensing - Requirements - Amendments

Troubled Property: Bill 19-15 - Landlord -Tenant Relations - Licensing of Rental Housing - Landlord - Tenant

Housing Code Enforcement Handbook

​This handbook describes what the Housing Code Enforcement Section does and how it does it.
Chinese - English - French - Korean - Spanish - Vietnamese

How to View Status of Code Enforcement Cases

eProperty Data Mining
Find property information from 7 data sources by entering a street number and name

How to File a Complaint

  • Online Complaint Submission
  • By Phone 311 (from mobile phones or land lines outside of Montgomery County, MD, please dial 240-777-0311)
  • By Mail send all correspondence to the following address:
Office Hours and Location

How to Report a Vacant Property

Housing Code Enforcement Codes/Law

​* You will have to search within American Legal's website for the specific Chapter/Code


  • Alquiler De Cuartos

​* You will have to search within Amlegal's website for the specific Chapter/Code