Housing Code Enforcement
Code Enforcement Handbook this handbook describes what the Housing Code Enforcement Section does and how it does it.
How to View Status of Code Enforcement Cases
- eProperty Data Mining find property information from 7 data sources by entering a street number and name
How to File a Complaint
- Online Complaint Submission
- By Phone 311 (from mobile phones or land lines outside of Montgomery County, MD, please dial 240-777-0311)
- By Mail send all correspondence to the following address:
How to Report a Vacant Property
Housing Code Enforcement Codes/Law
- Chapter 26 - Housing and Building Maintenance Standards*
- Chapter 48 - Solid Waste*
- Chapter 58 - Weeds*
* You will have to search within American Legal's website for the specific Chapter/Code
CoreLogic SafeRent (formerly First Advantage SafeRent) CoreLogic SafeRent is a service that provides comprehensive reports regarding an applicant's credit and rental history. CoreLogic SafeRent enables the landlord to review an applicant's rental history before signing a lease. Landlords of single-family, condominium, licensed accessory units, and small multi-family units (10 or less) who are currently licensed by the Department's Licensing & Registration Unit can access CoreLogic SafeRent, for a nominal fee of $11 per applicant, by calling (240) 777-0311; room rentals are not eligible. Check or money orders from the licensed landlord must accompany the rental application. Tenants who are rejected based on information contained in a CoreLogic SafeRent report can obtain a copy of their report, free of charge, by calling CoreLogic SafeRent at 1 (888) 333-2413. For more information regarding CoreLogic SafeRent, call (240) 777-0311.
*We do not run queries for applications for properties within the municipalities/incorporated city limits of Rockville or Gaithersburg.
- Alquiler De Cuartos
* You will have to search within Amlegal's website for the specific Chapter/Code