Smart Meters Now In Bethesda & Silver Spring
New Single Space Parking Meters that accept coins, credit cards and pay by cell options are now installed in Bethesda & Silver Spring.
The Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) Division of Parking has installed 840 on-street parking meters in Bethesda, and more than 1,100 on-street parking meters in Silver Spring expanding payment options for parking customers. Customers will be able to pay for parking using coins, credit cards and pay by cell.
Some Primary Features of the Smart Meter Include:
For Montgomery County News Release for Bethesda, click here.
For Montgomery County News Release for Silver Spring, click here.
Easy to Use Smart Meters
- View parking rates, hours, time limits and other important info on the Smart Meter's illuminated display.
- Insert and remove your credit/debit card. (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover)
- Using the keypad, select your payment amount with the blue [+] or [-] buttons.
- Press green [OK] button to confirm your amount, or red [CANCEL] button to cancel your transaction. If neither button is pressed after 35 seconds, the meter will attempt to authorize the amount shown onscreen
- Wait for the card authorization.
- The meter will show the amount of paid time approved and meter expiration time or will request another card.
- Or just pay with coins!
For website comments or to report website problems or broken links, please email us.
This email address does not handle service requests or complaints.