Community Paper Shredding and Recycling Events
Subscribe to our paper shredding news and reminders to receive announcements of future events.
All events will be held rain or shine.
This recycling event is free of charge and open to all residents. Please, no businesses.
All paper will be shredded on-site. These are drive-through events, and we ask you to stay in your vehicle. For everyone’s safety, you will not be able to watch your paper being shredded.
The last car must be in line by 2:00 p.m.
Services provided by, and partners in these events are
- Office Paper Systems
- A Wider Circle
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Big Brothers Big Sisters National Capital Area
On-Site Paper Shredding and Recycling Guidelines
Services donated by Office Paper Systems
Paper shredding is available at no charge to Montgomery County, Maryland residents only (no businesses are permitted).
- Acceptable types of paper for shredding include:
- All types of paper such as financial and legal documents, receipts, and tax and medical records
- Papers with staples or paper clips (please remove binder clips)
- Envelopes with plastic windows
- Unacceptable items include:
- Paper in 3-ring binders and spiral notebooks (please remove binders and spiral bindings)
- Plastic items such as credit cards or plastic bags
- Electronic items such as CDs or computer disks
- Limit: five paper bags or small cardboard boxes of paper per household/vehicle.
Reusable Clothing and Household Goods Donation Guidelines
Benefitting A Wider Circle, the Vietnam Veterans of America and Big Brothers Big Sisters National Capital Area.
Bring items that are in working/usable condition. Please bring gently used clothing and small loose items in bags or boxes.
Tax-deduction receipts will be available upon request.
General guidelines for acceptable donations are:
- Clean clothing, shoes, accessories, and bed and bath items
- Miscellaneous household goods such as dining ware, pots and pans, glassware, picture frames, power tools, small electronics, arts and crafts supplies, and garden tools
- Books, CDs, DVDs, etc. (no encyclopedias or textbooks)
- Furniture and other items such as tables, chairs, bookshelves, and lamps
- No large appliances, automobile parts, construction materials, or food