Recycling and trash collection service fees and refunds

Return to Recycling and Trash Service for single-family homes

How much does Montgomery County-provided collection service cost?

Residential property owners whose homes receive County-provided recycling or trash collection service pay for this service through the Solid Waste Charge. See current Solid Waste Charge fee amounts.

Check what County-provided services your address receives, using our Collection Day Lookup tool. Or, call the Montgomery County Customer Service Center at 311 (or 240-777-0311).

The Solid Waste Charge is billed via the annual property tax bill. View your property tax bill.

How do I request a Solid Waste Charge refund?

You may request a Solid Waste Charge refund for service suspensions to a property unoccupied for a minimum of 60 consecutive days.