How do I report loss or damage from my recycling or trash collection?

Return to Recycling and Trash Service for single-family homes

If you have loss or damage resulting from Montgomery County-provided recycling or trash collection service, notify us as soon as possible, but no later than 5 business days after the incident.

Report the loss or damage to us by calling the Montgomery County Customer Service Center at 311 (or 240-777-0311).

The County and/or the collection contractor will not be responsible for any items or materials not intended for collection which are placed in or near regular collection containers, and which are removed by collectors.