Yard Trim (grass, leaves, and brush)
Find this page fast with our shortcut: www.montgomerycountymd.gov/yardtrim
What can I do with yard trim in my own yard?
- Compost your leaves and grass
- Get a compost bin - available to Montgomery County residents and businesses at no charge!
- Consider worm composting your food scraps
- Grasscycle your grass clippings
- Use mulch from our Neighborhood Mulch Preserves
How do I have my yard trim collected at my curb?
- Bag or bundle your material for our weekly curbside collection for leaves, grass, and brush
- Order yard trim decals
May I drop off my yard trim?
Yes, you may bring yard trim to our Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station.
There is no charge for material that you bring from your own home.
Commercial haulers, contractors and landscapers must pay a yard trim disposal fee.
May I receive leaf vacuuming?
The Highway Maintenance Section (Department of Transportation, Division of Operations) provides leaf vacuuming to certain areas of Montgomery County.
- Leaf Vacuuming details, including a service area map, collection dates, progress reports, and more.