Montgomery County Nearly Doubles Solar Power Commitment
Montgomery County commits to another 5 megawatts of solar on County facilities with a new project at the former Oaks Landfill.
Montgomery County Partners with U.S. Department of Energy to Increase Energy Efficiency and Ensure Public Safety in Storms
Montgomery County Partners with U.S. Department of Energy to Increase Energy Efficiency and Ensure Public Safety in Storms. Energy-saving combined heat and power technology coming soon to County facilities.
Solar and Advanced Energy Initiative
County Executive Ike Leggett announced the County’s largest solar initiative ever at an event at the Jane Lawton Community Recreation Center in Chevy Chase. The initiative with SolarCity encompasses 14 individual projects and will produce approximately 6 million kilowatt-hours each year -- enough to power nearly 600 average-size homes.
County Sustainability Report
Learn about Montgomery County’s innovative activities to reduce the environmental footprint of its operations in the County’s second annual sustainability report. The report includes key information, graphs, and photos detailing progress on greening County buildings, using clean energy sources like wind and on-site solar, reducing fuel consumption by County-owned vehicles, reducing waste, and purchasing greener products.
Maryland Smart Energy Communities Award
County Executive Ike Leggett (right) recently accepted the Maryland Smart Energy Communities Award from the Maryland Energy Administration and the University of Maryland Environmental Finance Center. Montgomery County is one of eight Maryland Counties recognized for participating in the Maryland Smart Energy Communities program using best energy practices.
Did you know that incentives are available, through the Pepco Commercial and Industrial Energy Savings Program, to reduce the costs of energy efficiency improvements?
Montgomery County staff involved in building design, construction, and maintenance meet monthly with Pepco program representatives to identify incentives that can help the County reduce the electricity consumption and greenhouse gas emissions of public facilities.
- Montgomery County Nearly Doubles Solar Power Commitment
- Montgomery County installing solar panels on Council Office Building roof
- Montgomery County Partners with U.S. Department of Energy to Increase Energy Efficiency and Ensure Public Safety in Storms
- County Sustainability Report
- Montgomery County receives two National Association of Counties awards for sustainability initiatives
- Leggett announces Solar and Advanced Energy Initiative
- Request for Renewable Energy Proposals - Clean Energy 2015
- Request for Energy Proposals - Solar Projects 2015
- Green Purchasing Vendor's Fair