Montgomery County is committed to providing a workplace that promotes fairness, equity and safety for all its employees. We also have a responsibility to comply with federal, state and county laws. To ensure managers and employees are aware of the County’s policies, we provide mandatory training for all employees. It is the responsibility of employees and their managers to ensure that appropriate training is taken.
Required Courses for Employees
- Preventing Workplace Harassment (formally called Preventing Sexual Harassment)
- All employees must complete this course in the first three months of employment
- Employees are also required to take a refresher course every 3 years
- Information Security Awareness Training Program (ISATP)
- This training is required for all County employees, temporary workers, volunteers and business partners with access to County information technology resources, using their assigned Active Directory username and password combination.
- This is a web-based training consisting of video modules with two evaluation questions at the end of each module.
- With a secure Internet connection, the training is accessible on mobile devices with IOS operating system such as iPhone or iPad. The Android devices are not compatible.
- All eligible trainees will receive a Welcome email notification with a web link to the ePortal and training system once their accounts are provisioned and seat licenses activated for the training.
- Limited English Proficiency
- Required for all frontline employees
- Interviewing and Selecting Employees
- Required for all interviewing panels and hiring managers
Required Courses for Managers and Supervisors
- American’s with Disability Act: Employment Law
- Don’t Let It Happen to You - Workplace Violence
- EEO/Diversity Management
- This course is required every 3 years
- Introduction to Managing in a Union Environment (formerly called Basic Labor/Employee Relations for Supervisors)
- Planning for Excellence: Performance Management Basics
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace: The Supervisor’s Role
- Required for supervisors of Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) holders.