China Trade and Sister City Mission Trip
Important Documents for the MC China Trip!! We suggest that you print these informative documents for your reference and bring them with you.
- Important Reminders and Checklist
This includes information on dress code, weather, how to get to the hotel, what to do if you get lost, etc.
- Trip Itinerary
Subject to minor changes.
- Trip Contacts
Includes Wendy’s, Diane’s and local China tour guides’ cell phones
- Hotel and Domestic Flight Info
Contains hotel names and addresses and domestic flight information
- Delegation List
- Official Mission Book
You may want to print this to study up on your counterparts on the plane. You will receive a full-color version in China.
- How to Get to the Hotel in Shanghai
Keep this with you if you are traveling on your own or get lost
- Business Etiquette and Chinese Phrases
Travel guide includes tips for traveling, business etiquette and Chinese phrases
Sept. 15-25, 2013 Shanghai - Xi'an - Benxi - Beijing
| Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett is leading a 2013 trade and Sister-City China Mission trip from Sept. 15 to Sept. 25, 2013 . The Mission is organized by Montgomery County Government and Maryland China Business Council ( MCBC ) with the support of the State of Maryland ’s Maryland Center China ( MCC ) in Shanghai , which has been assisting local companies in China since 1996. This combination of experience and long term relationships offers a unique opportunity to explore, enter or expand in one of the world’s most dynamic and fast growing markets and destinations.
Sister Cities create relationships based on cultural, educational and trade exchanges, creating lifelong friendships that provide prosperity and mutual benefits through “citizen diplomacy.”
Participants for trip include:
County Executive; State and County Government
Representatives; Business, Education, Academic and Science
Leaders; Chinese Community Leaders
- Reception hosted by the County Executive in Shanghai
- Business match-making and round table
- Site visits of new development opportunities, business and academic institutions
- Meetings with government officials
- Major tourist attractions
There will be four group options for travel based on interest of the trip and length of stay. Everyone is expected to travel from Shanghai to Xi’an to participate in Sister City activities. Once the activities are completed, participants can choose from one of the four groups.
ITINERARY, REGISTRATION & PRICING INFORMATION
[*Note: estimated total prices include international flights and China land package costs (hotel, food, land and air travel in China, and all admissions to activities) and may increase. Registration for the trip is closed except for business development group members. For more information, contact Diane Vu at 240-688-2001.]
Major Tourist Attractions :
- Shanghai: The Bund; Nanjing Road; The Oriental Pearl Tower; Shanghai Museum; the Yu Garden
- Xi’an: Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses Museum; Shaanxi Provincial Historical Museum; Ancient City Wall
- Benxi: Water cave; Maple leaves
- Beijing: Forbidden City; The Great Wall; Tian'anmen Square; Olympic Stadiums; Temple of Heaven
- China’s industrial, financial, business center
- Zhangjiang Drug Valley: one of the largest and the earliest high-tech parks in China with the most
comprehensive park for life sciences in China
- Access to largest sea ports, skilled labor, developed infrastructure
- Main entry point & sales market for foreign companies
- Top industries: IT, telecom, environmental technologies, construction materials, industrial equipment
XI’AN (Shaanxi Province)
- Home to Terra Cotta Warriors, capital of 13 dynasties, of over 3,100 years civilization
- Over 100 higher education institutions, third in colleges and universities, 3rd in comprehensive scientific strength, and one of the most important international metropolis in China
- Top industries: software, electronics, aerospace, telecomm, pharmaceuticals, information technology, and logistics
BENXI (Liaoning Province)
- A new Medicine Capital--a whole new city in the Shenyang-Benxi corridor that will become a
national R&D center with a complete chain of R&D, manufacturing, and logistics
- A concentration of international and national businesses
- Top industries: medicine, education, steel
- China’s political, cultural center – a history dating back more than 3,000 years
- Increasingly recognized for entrepreneurs and innovative start-ups
- Top industries: environmental technologies, tourism, electronics, chemicals, automotive, machinery, metallurgy, household appliances
If you are interested in joining the trip, please contact Diane Vu, Asian and Middle Eastern Liaison at email@example.com or 240-777-8320 to talk about next steps.
To download flyer in PDF format, click here.
May 1 Briefing at Shulman Rogers
To download the PowerPoint China Trip Overview 2013 , please click here
To download the China Trip Overview 2013 in PDF, please click here
Mike Violette, President of MCBC and Bruce Adams, Director of MC OCP
||Audiences getting the message of China Mission Trip
||Lily Qi, Director of Special Projects in OCE, presenting trip overview
||Bruce Adams, Director of MC OCP presenting Montgomery County sister cities
||Diane Vu, Asian American Liaison in MC OCP, presenting trip logistics
||Brad Gillenwater, Asia Manager in MDBED, presenting ExportMD program, state support for the trip.